The School of Engineering

The School of Engineering is one of four schools within Jönköping University. We offer attractive technical education at undergraduate and graduate levels and conduct advanced research in several technological areas. The School of Engineering is able to award doctorates in the area of industrial product realization. We collaborate with the surrounding society to develop new technology and spread knowledge to strengthen the competitiveness of companies. Working with us, you are close to colleagues in an international environment with great opportunities to influence and develop.

As a doctoral student, we offer a fully financed full-time position. Most of the working time will be devoted to doctoral studies (80%) which includes coursework and writing a doctoral thesis. The remaining 20% is allocated for teaching and administrative tasks.

The doctoral student will work on the research project “Digital Occupancy Assessment for Lighting Evaluation” (DOALE). DOALE is a research project founded by the Svensson Stiftelse and Region Jönköping in a joint venture. Most of the research will be carried out at the department of Construction Engineering and Lighting Science, School of Engineering; additional working periods can be at Region Jönköping.

This research aims to establish a method for DOALE to strengthen evidence-based lighting research supporting value generation for stakeholders. In the Lighting Design education at Jönköping University School of Engineering facilities, a Lighting Living lab will be instrumented for gathering data concerning lighting qualities, such as intensity, color and light distribution. For the digitalization of this Living lab different technologies will be used, e.g. Internet of Things, utilizing photometry, 3D scanning and Indoor Positioning Systems and a so-called Digital Twin will be developed there the information is gathered to be evaluated.

As applicant you should have the equivalent of a master’s level by the time the employment starts. You need to have fulfilled course requirements of at least 240 credit points (ECTS credits), 60 of which should be at the advanced level. You need to have a strong knowledge about the construction process and Building Information Management. Basics skill in programming is needed. It is positive if you have knowledge of municipal and/or public administration or have previous work experiences in a Swedish company that is active in the digital building sector.

Fluency in English both written and oral, is a requirement. It is a merit if you are fluent in Swedish both written and oral.  We seek candidates who have a strong wish to conduct high-quality academic scholarship, and an ambition to pursue an international or national research career. It is meritorious to have previous experience in teaching or research. It is also a merit if you have a bachelor, master’s thesis or work experience within the project’s subject. You enjoy and are stimulated by working independently with great responsibility in a team.

The employment is limited in accordance with applicable collective agreement. Salary is also regulated in collective agreement. Full time (100%), with start from 1 November 2019 or as agreed upon.

You are welcome with your application no later than 30 September 2019.

Your application should include:

  • personal letter
  • CV
  • certified copies of university education/degree
  • master's thesis

Jönköping University is a modern institution, characterized by internationalization and an entrepreneurial spirit. We attract highly qualified, inventive and enterprising people from all around the world. We develop new knowledge and share our expertise through solid collaborations with industry and business, the public sector and other higher education institutions. We offer an equal and inclusive workplace and we welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds. For more information, visit

Anställningsform Tidsbegränsad anställning
Anställningens omfattning Heltid
Tillträde 1 November 2019 or as agreed upon
Löneform Monthly
Antal lediga befattningar 1
Sysselsättningsgrad 100%
Ort Jönköping
Län Jönköpings län
Land Sverige
Referensnummer 2019/2443-221
  • Geza Fischl, +46 36-10 1536
  • Thomas Olsson, +46 36-10 1956
Facklig företrädare
  • Mikael Palmgren, Saco-S, +46 36-10 1647
  • Thomas Axelsson, ST, +46 36-10 1076
Publicerat 2019-08-05
Sista ansökningsdag 2019-09-30

Tillbaka till lediga jobb